Minnesota CREDIT UNIONS' FREE RIDE
Although they portray themselves as mom and pop shops for people of modest means, today credit unions are a $1.3 trillion industry, with many indistinguishable from banks. The BIG difference – they don’t pay federal income taxes, depriving the U.S. Treasury of roughly $2 billion every year.
- Wings Financial CU to acquire Minnesota-based Neighborhood National Bank. - S&P Global, February 2020
- Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union today announced they are the presenting sponsor of The Fillmore Minneapolis, now named The Fillmore Presented by Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union.- CU Insight, February 2020
- Membership to Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union (worth $2 billion) is available with just a one-time $25 donation to the Affinity Plus Foundation, which is run by the credit union. – Affinity Plus Foundation
- According to its website, Minnesota-based Wings Financial Credit Union provides loans for yachts and private planes. – Newsmax, July 2017
- Affinity Plus Federal Credit sponsors the St. Cloud State University Huskies Athletics and University of Minnesota Athletics. – Affinity Plus press release, February 2017
- Hiway Federal Credit Union sponsors the NHL Minnesota Wild, allowing them to advertise throughout the entire arena. – Minneapolis/St.Paul Business Journal, December 2015