Indiana CREDIT UNIONS' FREE RIDE
Although they portray themselves as mom and pop shops for people of modest means, today credit unions are a $1.3 trillion industry, with many indistinguishable from banks. The BIG difference – they don’t pay federal income taxes, depriving the U.S. Treasury of roughly $2 billion every year.
- Indiana Members Credit Union completes acquisition of Commerce Bank - CUInsight, January 2020
- Fort Wayne, Indiana-based 3Rivers Federal Credit Union and the Richmond-based West End Indiana Bancshares announces agreement for 3Rivers to acquire West End. - Greater Fort Wayne Business Weekly, July 2019
- Teachers Credit Union acquires New Buffalo Savings Bank - Inside Indiana Business, April 2019
- In 2016, Indiana Members Credit Union began its sponsorship of the Indianapolis Indians. – Credit Union Watch, April 2016
- Teachers Credit Union partnered with Pacers Sports and Entertainment to earn naming rights to the Bankers Life Fieldhouse – used by the Indiana Pacers and the Indiana Fever. – Credit Union Watch, October 2015
- In 2015, Lakeside Credit Union, worth $8.9 million was liquidated and then acquired by the Teachers Credit Union. – Credit Union Watch, July 2015