ALASKA CREDIT UNIONS' FREE RIDE
Although they portray themselves as mom and pop shops for people of modest means, today credit unions are a $1.3 trillion industry, with many indistinguishable from banks. The BIG difference – they don’t pay federal income taxes, depriving the U.S. Treasury of roughly $2 billion every year.
- Alaska USA Federal Credit Union (Anchorage, AK) and TCF National Bank, a subsidiary of TCF Financial Corporation (Wayzata, MN), announced on January 8 that Alaska USA has signed a definitive agreement to acquire TCF Bank’s seven branches located in the greater Phoenix, Arizona market, along with deposits and certain related assets. - Credit Union Watch, January 2020
- Denali Federal Credit Union (Anchorage, AK) and NuVision Credit Union (Huntington Beach, CA) are proposing a merger that would create a $2.2 billion credit union in 5 states. – Credit Union Journal, March 2018
- The Phoenix Business Journal is reporting that Alaska USA Federal Credit Union (Anchorage, AK) recently paid $17 million for a 2-story, 185,000-square-foot office building in Glendale, Arizona. – Phoenix Business Journal, March 2017
- Alaska USA Credit Union now operates in Alaska, Arizona, California, and Washington.- Credit Union Watch, March 2017
- The $7.2 billion Alaska USA Federal Credit Union is available to all residents in the states of Alaska and Washington. America’s fourth and twelfth largest counties, Maricopa County, AZ, and San Bernardino County, CA, are also eligible to join. – Alaska USA Federal Credit Union,